Sunday, February 8, 2009

#15 (11:40 - 12:14)

"Try to get back to nature today in some way. Give yourself time in the woods, trekking in the mountains, walking in open meadows or walking barefoot on the beach. When you take the time to drink in the beauty of the natural world, you will release your belief that things and accumulations are needed for you to feel complete. There's a wonderful saying I used to tell all my clients, 'wilderness is therapy'. Even if you live in the city, if you could walk barefoot along the grass in a park someplace, you will find yourself feeling more blissful."

central_park_sheep_meadow
Connect with nature today

Today I did not reflect on the message in the morning; I am doing it after work. I actually took the time today to have lunch outdoors with a colleague and close friend of mine. It was great. The St. John's University campus is such a beautiful place. I have always loved the campus; even when I was there alone during my undergraduate days during the winter vacation. Stunningly beautiful at times. Each season brings a different sort of beauty.

It really felt great today having lunch outdoors. Rarely do we take this time to reconnect with nature and just be. We are always caught up with our day-to-day activities and lose ourselves in all the work we may have. I know I do that a lot as well. I told myself that I will spend more time out and in reflection. This blog has definitely allowed me to do so.

Thank you.

Love Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment