Tuesday, January 6, 2009

#12 (9:48 - 10:32)

"Work at being content with who you are rather than pleasing others by being unauthentic. Say to yourself 'I am what I am' and it is ok as long as I am not hurting anyone else in the process. You have a right to be who you are and the only morality you have to be concerned with is if somebody else is being hurt with you being who you are. You don't have to apologize for anything or anyone. You don't have to apologize to anyone for anything that you are. It is a wonderful affirmation, 'I am what I am' from La Cage Aux Folles. I am what I am; say it over and over again today."

The importance of this message, as expressed in the song, is to be true to yourself. You should walk to the beat of your own drum and not anyone else's. This is the only way to live your life. You are free to express yourself any way you see fit because you are a manifestation of God. However, as Dr. Dyer said, the only consideration you must make is if you are in fact harming anyone by doing so.

Life is truly a blessing and our purpose here is to find our true nature. We can only do so by being ourselves. It is only through radical subjectivity can we really experience and come to know who we are. Most of the time, we find ourselves doing things to please others, even though, deep down, we don't agree with it. We have this fear of things turning out wrongly if we don't do so. However, it is most important for us to go within ourselves and do what we feel is best rather than looking for the answers or joy on the outside. It is an amazing practice to begin.

'I am what I am' and cannot be anything other than that. Can a dog be a cat? Can a duck be a cow? I am what I am. I am not what someone else thinks of me; I am not the name that someone calls me; I am not what my reputation is; I am not my grades or awards, I am not the job I do. All these are things outside of myself. To know who I truly am, I must go within. I believe I understand. I will reflect on this idea today; Everything is a perfect expression of its own essence.

Thank you.

God bless.

Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment